Tonsillitis is inflammation of the tonsils. Become inflamed tonsils when then enlarge, Produce pain on swallowing, Produce fever, bad breath and can make-the neck lymph glands to Become tender. Patients complain of feeling unwell Often, reduced appetite and painful mouth opening.
Signs and Symptoms of tonsillitis. Patients are usually fever, sore skull, may be seriously ill and was very painful, especially when swallowing and opening the mouth accompanied by trismus (difficulty opening the mouth). When the larynx is affected, the voice will be hoarse. On examination of the pharynx appears hiperemis, swollen tonsils, hiperemis: there is detritus (tonsillitis folibularis), sometimes detritus adjacent to sati (laturasis tonsillitis) or a pseudo membrane. Palatinus anterior arch looks pushed out and pushed past the midline uvula. Sub-mandibular gland swelling and tenderness, especially in children.
Enlarged adenoids can cause mouth breathing, ear discharge, the head is often hot, bronchitis, noisy breathing breathing's baud.
Do a thorough physical examination, and a careful medical history collection to rule out systemic conditions or related conditions. Tonsillar swabs were cultured to determine the presence of bacterial infection. If the adenoid tonsils are infected, it can take lead suppurative otitis media resulting in hearing loss, patients should be given a thorough examination audiometik sensitivity / resistance can be made if necessary.
6 Nursing Diagnosis for Tonsillitis
1. Ineffective Airway Clearance related to obstruction of breath due to foreign bodies; excess production secret.
2. Acute Pain related to swelling of tissues; surgical incision.
3. Imbalanced Nutrition Less Than Body Requirements related to the anorexia; difficulty swallowing.
5. Knowledge deficit related to lack of understanding, pemajaran / recall.
6. Risk for Fluid Volume Deficit related to the risk of bleeding due tondilektomi operative action.