Cholesterol in the field of public health in the know with bad cholesterol, the good cholesterol, and triglycerides. Good cholesterol or medical term is HDL (High Density Cholesterol) has the function to remove excess cholesterol from cells and artery walls and carry cholesterol back to the liver for disposal. Meanwhile, the bad cholesterol, is the LDL (Low Density Cholesterol) carry cholesterol from the liver and released into the blood vessel wall, may cause the accumulation / plaque on the walls of blood vessels that can cause constriction of blood vessels. Triglycerides are another type of fat contained in the food.
Surely that will be discussed high cholesterol are more specific to the bad cholesterol. Here are 5 Diet Tips for High Cholesterol, such as:
1. Eat foods that are low in cholesterol. Cholesterol is the result of a typical animal products, then this type of diet is recommended to reduce consumption of animal products, which are rich in cholesterol, such as for example is the brain, organ meats, egg yolks, fatty red meat and animal fats. Reduce saturated fats also will use. Food of animal origin, such as milk, cheese, meat, margarine, or cheese, usually contain saturated fat.
2. Increase your fiber intake. Especially water-soluble fiber, because it inhibits the absorption of cholesterol in the intestinal wall. Examples of vegetables and fruits are high soluble fiber such as squash, eggplant, radish, melon, watermelon, star fruit and guava. Use foods high in soluble fiber such as gelatin, seaweed, and fro, grass jelly, snack on replacing high-carb snacks. The study showed that consumption of nuts every day for six weeks can reduce cholesterol by 10 percent. So the food can fall into the category of cholesterol-lowering foods. And in turn, there are some foods that raise cholesterol levels in our blood. Probably about the foods that increase cholesterol levels will be discussed in another post.
3. Increase consumption of fish than meat. For most people we'd rather eat meat than fish meal. Though the content of Omega 3 fatty acids, found in fish play a role in shaping the prostacyclin which will prevent coronary heart disease, and increase the dilation of blood vessels. Prompts are good for health in terms of fish consumption was 2-3 times per week, and hopefully we can start liking different types of fish food for the future.
4. The food processing and correct. Equally important in keeping cholesterol levels remained normal is food processing. Although the selected foods low in cholesterol, when cooked with oils containing saturated oil, it still contains a high cholesterol diet. Suggested food processing is to be steamed, roasted, or boiled. When you are accustomed to fried foods, reduce the portions or choose how to cook with frying oil taking in small amounts. So if the food we are included in a cholesterol-lowering diet.
5. Consumption of Soy Milk. This type of milk can be used as an alternative source of calcium and phosphorus as a substitute for cow's milk. Included in this are soy foods. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommends the consumption of soy protein, at least 25 grams per day to reduce cholesterol. There are a lot of soy-based food options available around us, ranging from tofu, tempeh and soy milk.
So a little about tips for people with high cholesterol and may be useful and can provide benefits. To the person who was having heart disease and acquired risk factors one of which is cholesterol will require a special diet with high cholesterol heart anyway. And it also needs to be discussed with the cardiologist and a nutritionist as well to help the heart-healthy diet.