1. Delayed Growth and Development r / t abnormalities in cognitive function.
Goal: Growth and development goes according to stages.
- Assess the factors causing developmental disorders of children.
- Identification and use of educational resources to facilitate optimal child development.
- Provide stimulation activities, according to age.
- Monitor the patterns of growth (height, weight, head circumference and refer to a dietitian to obtain nutritional intervention)
2. Impaired Verbal Communication r / t delayed language skills of expression and reception.
Goal: Communication fulfilled in accordance stages of child development.
- Improve communication verbal and tactile stimulation.
- Give repetitive and simple instructions.
- Give enough time to communicate.
- Encourage continuous communication with the outside world, for example: newspapers, television, radio, calendar, clock.
3. Risk for Injury r / t aggressive behavior / uncontrolled motor coordination.
Goal: Indicates changes in behavior, lifestyle to reduce risk factors and to protect themselves from injury.
- Provide a safe and comfortable position.
- Difficult child behavior management.
- Limit excessive activity.
- Ambulate with assistance; give special bathroom.
4. Impaired social interaction r / t trouble speaking / social adaptation difficulties
Goal: Minimize disruption of social interaction.
- Help children identify personal strengths.
- Give knowledge to people nearby, about mental retardation.
- Encourage children to participate in activities with friends and other family.
- Encourage the children to maintain contact with friends.
- Give positive reinforcement on the results achieved by children.
5. Family processes, Interrupted r / t have children mental retardation.
Goal: Family show an understanding of the child's illness and its treatment
- Assess understanding family about the child's illness and treatment plan.
- Emphasize and explain other health team, about the child's condition, procedures and therapies are recommended.
- Use every opportunity to improve understanding of the disease and its treatment family
- Repeat as often as possible information.
6. Self-care deficit r / t the physical and mental incompetence / lack of maturity development.
Goal: Perform self-care, appropriate age and developmental level of the child.
- Identification of the need for personal hygiene and provide assistance as needed.
- Identification of difficulties in self-care, such as lack of physical movement, cognitive decline.
- Encourage children to do their own maintenance.
Education for parents:
- For each stage of child development ages.
- Support the involvement of parents in child care.
- Anticipatory guidance and management face a difficult child behavior.
- Inform the existing educational facilities and groups, etc.